The Green Island Association Football Club was first formed and accepted into the Otago Football Association in 1896 as the Green Island Football club situated at Harraways ground, Burnside. Disbanded during the war years and reformed in the late 1940s. The clubrooms were situated at Miller Park until the Abbotsford slip forced the club to move to its present site at Sunnyvale.
The clubrooms at Sunnyvale are underwent a renovation in 2018, moving the lounge into a brand new upstairs part of the building, overlooking the playing fields. This has been a massive undertaking and would not have been possible without the support of the greater Green Island community. It goes a long way to show the community spirit in the area and this is the foundation of the Green Island Football Club
Green Island AFC Dunedin email@example.com